Fujitsu ETERNUS CS8000 - Highly Scalable Data Protection Appliance
Fujitsu ETERNUS CS8000 is a data protection appliance that radically consolidates and simplifies backup and archiving in heterogeneous IT environments with mainframes, UNIX and x86 systems. It virtualizes target systems and creates one logical data protection platform. The Fujitsu ETERNUS CS8000 works as the only target system for the whole environment and in so doing provides more flexibility and higher service levels at less cost.
The basis of the solution is a modular grid architecture. Independent building blocks provide a scale-out platform. The result is a made-to measure solution with great flexibility and scalability. The basic workflow is as follows: Data from the application is sent to Fujitsu ETERNUS CS8000 and received by the front-end processor node. It is stored in the internal RAID storage. The data can then be further copied to a tape library via the back-end processing node.
Thanks to uniform management of disks, deduplicated disks and tapes flexible service levels regarding capacity, speed and cost can be provided. A modular grid architecture delivers extreme scalability of capacity and performance.
Integrated data mirroring and replication features enable comprehensive disaster recovery concepts. Flexible SAN and Ethernet connectivity as well as VTL, NAS and WORM support allow you to use one system for backup and archiving.
And support for the cloud gateway functionality makes the Fujitsu ETERNUS CS8000 an ideal and future-proof solution for a unified and optimized data protection infrastructure.
Product:Fujitsu ETERNUS CS8000 Datasheet
Fujitsu ETERNUS CS8000 Key features
||One consolidation platform for backup and archiving for open systems and mainframes.
- Thanks to complete consolidation all disk and tape target systems for mainframes and open systems enable large savings in infrastructure investments and costs of operation.
- Combining VTL and the NAS option for backup, archiving and second-tier file storage in one appliance further increases operational efficiency.
- Integrated management of disks, deduplicated disk and tapes enables flexible service levels in terms of capacity, backup/restore speed and media costs.
- The support for cloud gateway functionality leverages own investments in storage capacity and enables disaster recovery concepts without investing in own DR sites.
||Extremely scalable grid architecture.
- Flexible scalability of performance and capacity reduce high upfront pre-investments and support a pay-as-you grow approach.
- Allocate storage resources for data protection according to business priorities.
- Industry-leading backup and restore performance enable you to manage extreme data growth and volume without migration risks.
- Parallelization of deduplication processes delivers the performance headroom required to benefit from data reduction even in petabyte-scale environments.
||Comprehensive high availability and disaster recovery capabilities.
- No single point of failure even for the deduplication store.
- Asynchronous replication and synchronous mirroring enable flexible DR concepts depending on remote distance and recovery time needs.
- Manages multiple data copies on local and remote targets to align the availability level of data with its importance to the business.
- Automated processes ensure a highly efficient DC operation, easy media migrations, scheduled media refreshes to prevent data corruption and the ability to eliminate fatal errors in highly complex data protection environments.
- Compresses Backup Data up to 100:1
- Protects Data Deduplication Data
- World’s Fastest Data Deduplication System
- Scales to 60+PB
General System Information