Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3
The new Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3 range of storage platforms finally comes up with a storage solution that makes sense. With budgets squeezed, data growth and performance an issue for many companies, the Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3 provides the long term storage strategy that you have been looking for.
Here’s why the new ETERNUS DX S3 could save £’s in capital expenditure.
- A single, simple to use GUI that is common across all platforms – So train once
- A Unified Storage Architecture covering Fibre Channel 16Gb, iSCSI 1GbE or 10Gbe, FCoE, InfiniBand and NAS (CIFS/NFS) – Whatever the application, there is an interface
- Outgrown your existing ETERNUS no problem, take your existing disk tray, connect it to your new ETERNUS platform and it will be there – Less downtime more uptime
- Redundant controllers and paths to data ensures continuous uptime ensure 5x 9’s reliability
- Need more performance, then the ETERNUS DX S3 provides this in abundance from 15,000 – 1,000,000 IOP’s depending on the model – Less worry about specifying performance criteria
Superior Fujitsu ETERNUS DX design
Fujitsu adopt the Japanese approach through continuous improvement (Kaizen) and the latest Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3 builds on the previous ETERNUS S2 model by improving performance across the board. These design changes make the new Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3 range a force to be reckoned with in the highly competitive storage arena.
- Support high speed SSD for caching of critical application data
- Fully redundant paths to storage, should a disaster strike the Fujitsu can also seamlessly failover transparently to another ETERNUS S3 system in another remote location
- Built in AST (Automated Storage Tiering) ensures data can be moved through to slower spinning disk when not required
- Supports high-speed PCI Express Flash Modules (PFM) as large capacity cache up to 5.6TB’s
- Mix different drive types within disk shelves that also support the new 12Gb/s SAS interface
- 50% rack space reduction over previous generations of ETERNUS by using higher density disk shelves
- Common components across all models ensure that it is easy to move your storage trays to a bigger ETERNUS S3 as they are the same trays!
- Guarantee application performance by using the Fujitsu Business Centric Performance Management
- Eco-mode support can reduce energy savings by 30%
Fujistu ETERNUS DX QoS
With the Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3 you set performance limits for each connected server according to its priority. By prioritising data access and dynamically managing any I/O conflict, high performance can be guaranteed for high-priority applications, and at the same time capacity is used more efficiently, thus increasing storage utilisation without sacrificing performance. The QoS policies allow the user to specify the expected I/O patterns of each application (random, sequential, read or write-based, and mixed).
ETERNUS DX S3 scalable entry-level models guarantee data security even in the event of cache failure because cache is redundantly configured and constantly mirrored.
If the power supply fails, the controller cache is automatically evacuated and data is placed in an internal SSD. A system capacitor unit (SCU) provides sufficient power to always ensure that all data is successfully rescued. The internal SSD protects the data indefinitely.
Fujitsu ETERNUS SF Software features
Fujitsu unlike other vendors provides you with all the software features using ETERNUS SF v16 under a simple license agreement these include.
- Thin provisioning
- Clone volumes & drives remotely or locally
- Fully supports data encryption at the drive or LUN level
- Automated operations through VAAI*/ VASA**/ SRM / ODX ensures tight integration with VMware & Microsoft Hyper-V
- * VAAI = VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration
- ** VASA = VMware vStorage APIs for Storage Awareness
- Data Deduplication will be a firmware release in 2014
The ETERNUS SF Management Suite complements the family with its simple setup and administration functionalities. This unified management system ensures that an IT administrator, once trained to operate a specific system in the ETERNUS DX family, will also be able to manage the other models within the family.
The complete Fujitsu ETERNUS DX range is fully supported by VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V & Citrix thus ensuring whatever your virtual platform, you have the peace of mind and knowledge that it is has been fully tested and certified to work in your environment.
Fujitsu product line
Over the past few years the leading storage vendors have been acquiring companies to provide certain storage functionality and features; this has led to a disjointed storage portfolio, which requires constant retraining, interoperability issues and a rip and replace architecture.
The Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3 Business Centric Approach takes the headache of trying to pigeon hole storage to perform a certain task and creates pools of storage from the same or different vendors to solves business decisions.
Fujitsu combines a market leading performance architecture with automated quality of service management.
Why consider Fujitsu?
This is not easy to summarise but I believe as a Fujitsu Expert Partner they unlike other vendors, listen to what customers would like to see and then bring the products to market.
- Fujitsu is the only company I know that has a single storage product family that can be expanded as and when required.
- Fujitsu’s products are also the fastest performing and they build them to perform from the outset
- Their commitment to the environment is very forward thinking and again across the product range Fujitsu products provide the Greenest credentials, including the materials they use.
- Fujitsu is the only company left that manufacturer everything from a supercomputer through to a tablet PC & phone and everything in between including network switches!
- People within Fujitsu look at products over their entire life-span – this means that if as the customer you need bios level X,Y,Z then your systems will always have this
- 99% of the UK population is touched by a Fujitsu system everyday
- Fujitsu have complete control of the design, build, manufacturing and testing of their products, ensuring 100% quality and product compatibility
- The people I work with in Fujitsu are always willing to go that extra mile in order to meet a customer’s expectations or provide something to solve a problem
- As they are one of the top 3 global service providers there support and backup service is outstanding
- Fujitsu doesn’t just make products it provides services, infrastructure and cloud solutions
- Their new ETERNUS CS8000 data deduplication unified backup and archive appliance is the fastest in the world!
As you can see the Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3 series provides Business-centric approach to storage, by providing:
- A single Unified Storage platform
- A complete family of storage systems from SMB to Enterprise
- A simple to use, simplified management GUI across all platforms
- An advanced feature set under a single license agreement
- Support provided by one of the world’s largest service organisations
- Tight integrations with software operating systems and applications
- Peace of mind and happy customers
If you want to know more about Fujitsu and the new Fujitsu ETERNUS DX S3 range of Business-centric storage please call us on 01256 782030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website ETERNUS DX or visit our Data Storage site to discover more Fujitsu products.
As a partner we are 100% behind Fujitsu and believe that they deliver on promises, provide value for money and provide solutions that make a difference.